The day of love is approaching: Valentine’s Day! ♥ It’s nice to reflect on this romantic day and spoil each other to express your love and appreciation. It doesn’t have to be something big. It’s all about the gesture.
I like to do something together on Valentine’s Day. For example going out for dinner and spending a romantic evening together in a cozy atmosphere. In addition I like to give a small gift. For example a greeting card, that I made by myself. I feel a handmade gift like greeting cards have a deeper meaning, because you have put time and effort into making something personal for your loved one. It is also nice to put some words on paper instead of speaking them out loud. There is a different feel to it. Plus your loved one can take a look at the card later again and cherish it.
But sometimes it is difficult to think of what to write in a Valentine’s Day card at the moment supreme, a so-called “writer’s block”. Perhaps the tips below can help you with this, so this writer’s block will be gone in no time and you can share a message from the heart.
- Relationship length: How long have you been together? How many Valentine’s Days have you spent together so far?
- Important life events: Are you going on a trip (abroad) soon? Are you moving? Are you expecting a baby?
- Quote: A beautiful quote which describes your love for each other.
- Appreciation: Thanking your loved one for this beautiful day that you spend together.
- Back to base: How did you get to know each other?
- Character traits: What character trait do you like about your loved one?
- Physical features: Does your heart skip a beat when you receive a smile or a certain look?
- Action: What does your loved one do for you on a daily basis that you appreciate so much? It could be as simple as making a cup of tea or snuggling on the couch.
- Story time: Something you experienced together. It could be nice or tough. In the end it made your love stronger than ever.
- Wish: May you grow old together.
I hope you feel inspired after reading these tips, so you can write a lovely message inside the Valentine’s Day card. If you have any additional tips, please feel free to share in the comments. Have a wonderful, romantic Valentine’s Day!
2 thoughts on “What to write in a Valentine’s Day card?”
Thank you for sharing the tips♡
I always know what to write, but with your tips, this Valentine’s Day the message on my card might be a little different then previous years.
These tips are SO good! I would love to receive a handmade card and with something heartfelt written inside. Oops just sent this artcile to my boyfriend.