Craft a pretty Happy Birthday cupcake card. The cute cupcake symbolizes a birthday cake, that’s why there’s a party candle on top of it. Make a wish 😉
In Summer 2010 I attended a friend’s birthday party. I gave my friend some cash and a cupcake with a party candle on top of it as a present. During the party we took a moment to light up the candle and sing for her. It was a spontaneous moment. It showed us that you don’t need an enormous birthday cake to get that real birthday feeling.
A few years later I was about to craft a birthday card for my godmother. Then I remembered my friend’s birthday party. Thought it would be cool to re-create the birthday cupcake, but this time by paper craft!
- Scissors / craft knife & self-healing cutting mat
- Purple pencil
- Gel pens / colored pencils
- Alphabet stamps
- 1 sheet of orange, purple, red, yellow and white paper
» Learn more about my craft tools
- Cut out the cupcake case shape from purple paper.
- Fold the cupcake case shape a few times to make it look more realistic.
- Cut out the cupcake shape from yellow paper. Hint: when cutting this shape, please keep the cupcake case near to make sure it fits.
- Cut out a cupcake frosting shape from white paper.
- Create dots with gel pens on the frosting shape to simulate colorfull sparkling sprinkles.
- Cut out a party candle shape from red paper. Make sure the top’s cut like a triangle shape and the bottom part looks a bit wavy.
- Color the candle shape diagonally with a purple pencil to get that real party candle look.
- Cut out the flame shape from a yellow and orange piece of paper. The yellow shape should be bigger than the orange one.
- Put all paper shapes together on a blank wishing card, but don’t glue them yet.
- Stamp the card with the birthday wish: Happy Birthday
- Glue all shapes to the card and you’re done!
Hint: You can craft number candles instead of party ones. That also looks very cute!